Treatment with platelet-rich plasma has been viral in recent years among people of all ages who are having issues with hair loss. The PRP process begins with drawing blood from the patient. Plasma is then separated from the blood by centrifugation and injected into the patient’s scalp. Although PRP hair treatment yields encouraging results, its efficacy is greatly influenced by post-treatment maintenance.
PRP significantly boosted hair density in men with androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness), with an average increase of 25.83 hairs/cm2, according to a recent investigation released by one of the dermatological experts. Though there was no discernible increase in hair density in women, the efficacy may have been more clear-cut. After receiving plasma hair therapy, between 60-80% of patients report a discernible increase in hair growth.
We will go into great length about the nuances of PRP hair treatment Melbourne in this comprehensive guide to make sure you’re ready to start your PRP hair loss treatment in Melbourne and get the best results.
Understanding PRP Hair Treatment
In the PRP hair treatment, hair care experts use the body’s innate healing powers as the base for plasma therapy. To separate the plasma rich with platelets, the blood of the patient is dragged and centrifuged. Then, it is injected into the hair scalp for the hair growth factor and reduces hair thinning or falling out.
It is imperative to speak with a skilled dermatologist or hair specialist prior to getting PRP hair treatment Melbourne, and assessing your scalp’s health and medical history in detail aids in deciding if the surgery is appropriate for you. To prevent difficulties, you must reveal any drugs, allergies, or medical issues during this appointment.
During the Procedure
PRP therapy is a minimally invasive and somewhat easy technique. Although most individuals have minimal pain, others may feel some slight discomfort. The scalp is anesthetized to minimise discomfort during the injections.
- Avoid Physical Activities: It is advised to stay away from physical activities that induce extreme sweat for at least 48 hours following the operation. The chance of infection at the injection sites may increase with sweating.
- Gentle Hair Care: Treat your hair with care in the initial days following treatment. To sidestep needless pulling or yanking of hair, use soft, wide-toothed combs rather than harsh brushing or combing.
- Hair Treatment Avoidance: For a few days, or as directed by your specialist, refrain from using heat styling tools, harsh chemical treatments, or hair colors. These may cause scalp irritation and delay the healing process.
- Protection from Sun Exposure: After the procedure of PRP hair, avoid going out in direct contact with the sun for a few days. By chance, if you have to go outside, cover your head with a hat.
- Follow-Up Sessions: Several sessions are required to reach the best outcomes based on your professional recommendation. For long-lasting results, follow-up sessions should be scheduled according to the suggested timetable.
Results and Expectations
Each person responds differently to PRP hair regrowth treatment in Melbourne. Some people may need a longer time to see substantial changes in hair density and thickness, while others may see results after just a few sessions. Patience is vital, as significant results might become evident after several months.
Possible Side Effects and Risks
PRP therapy is generally regarded as safe and has few adverse effects. However, some people may have moderate bruising, slight swelling, or soreness at the injection sites; these adverse effects usually go away in a few days.
As a non-surgical procedure for hair loss and restoration, PRP hair treatment seems promising. But receiving the most significant results depends on more than just the procedure; it also depends on the care given afterwards. To optimise hair renewal and reap the effects of PRP therapy, adhere to your specialist’s advice and maintain a healthy scalp care routine.
Keep in mind that each person may experience different results, so maintaining regular contact with your healthcare provider is crucial to addressing any issues and efficiently monitoring your progress.